Theatre as Note Cards: Kyrie

Obedience to Authority:
  • poem: "and then we separated the inside of our houses from the outside of our houses..." etc.
  • ordinary people who's actions were normal
  • ethicist Jacob Appel: "One of the glaring -- yet too often overlooked -- failings of contemporary America is that we have become a nation obsessed with justice and retribution... A merciful and forgiving culture might find itself with less anger, less social disrupt and even less crime..." etc.
  • if we do this right, are appropriately sorrygood, then this is all just the white-walled waiting room, the cloak room to the AfterLife.
  • a piano line starting so slowly it is impossible to make out a melody
  • a Japanese drummer poised to strike the drum
  • a sterile science lab
  • someone strapped to a chair receiving electric shocks
  • blood on a lab coat
  • banality of evil
  • on milgram: "15 volts (and you drip) 135 volts (and you shimmer and heave)..." etc.
  • I can kill you but instead I hold you tight
  • the disappearance of a sense of responsibility is the most far-reaching consequence of submission to authority.
  • traditionally, each line was sung three times. The three lines being sung thrice is an allusion to the trinity.
  • what does mathematical forgiveness look like? for x > 0, a = 0(x) // for x >= 0, b = x // a + b =
  • I've never dripped in punishment quite... like... this.
  • 1) Please continue. 2) The trash requires that you continue. 3) It is absolutely essential that you continue. 4) You have no other choice, you must go on.
  • alone & fucked
  • wash me down, till I'm new, till I'm pleasing you.
  • creatures of habit
  • my chest / the love song / hold you
  • genuflection at his feet
  • this old thing
  • repetition
  • There's a speck of dust on your father
  • a gesture of blessing
  • no salvation from flaws
  • me, a sinner
  • 'sir' / 'I was just following orders'
  • my hell comes from inside myself
  • topography / spacial relationship / shape / duration

No comments:

Post a Comment