The Bhagavad Gita

On the Eternal Godhead:

This supreme Lord who pervades all existence, the true Self of all creatures, may be realized through undivided love.

On Divine Splendor:

Sri Krishna:
All right, Arjuna, I will tell you of my divine powers.
I will mention only the most glorious; for there is no end to them.

I am the true Self in the heart of every creature, Arjuna, and the beginning, middle, and end of their existence.

Among the shining gods, I am Vishnu; of luminaries, I am the sun; among the storm gods I am Marichi; and in the night sky I am the moon.

...
Among the senses I am the mind, and in living beings I am consciousness.

...
Among bodies of water I am the ocean.

...
I was born from the nectar of immortality as the primordial horse and as Indra's noble elephant. Among men, I am the king.

Among weapons, I am the thunderbolt. I am Kamadhuk, the cow that fulfills all desires; I am Kandarpa, the power of sex, and Vasuki, the king of snakes.

...
I am Prahlada, born among the demons, and of all that measures, I am time.




More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment